1. Ruthie got out of Coffs Harbour. She’s been waiting a long time. Bon voyage kiddo!
2. “If you think it’s boring to fight for self-determination, then you shouldn’t be a poet.” – Amiri Baraka
3. I dedicated my yoga practice to my brother’s poker game. In fact, that happened yesterday and the day before.
4. I met Emily K. Harrison for drinks. She’s reading Moby Dick. She knows what America is. Free gift with purchase: Laura Ann Samuelson, who also knows things. Soon she will know them in Berlin.
5. On my way to the Corner Bar:
I had been watching it stretch out all week. It caught under my hand a few times during yoga, but I guess my poker wishes kept it in place. I thought maybe it would break on Monday. I thought maybe, through some mystery of physics, it would last another week or two. But it broke when I reached into my bag to text Emily about abovementioned drinks. I am ready. And now my wrists are available for what comes next.
6. “I drew a map on you so I wouldn’t get lost” – CA Conrad quoting Doireann O’Malley. You should read this, you can at http://www.pen.org/poetry/i-loved-earth-years-ago